Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A different side of Makati

"I'll show you a different side of Makati," my husband promised me one lazy Saturday, as he dragged me off to a part of the business center where there were no skyscrapers and  no bustling crowds.  And he did just that.

Two old churches -- one atop a hill, parallel to EDSA, 
 
Nuestra Senora de Gracia - Our Lady of Guadalupe



a community right outside the churchyard







another tucked  away in a quaint little lane littered with majestic trees

Saints Peter and Paul Parish, Poblacion, Makati










 and a middle-sized mall that housed antiques did present another side to a bustling city. 
 
a talking parrot entertains the passers-by


segregation in action


















all the lovely pieces up there are in this little antique shop






I say it's worth another visit and soon...




 

No comments:

Post a Comment